Public Service Announcement For Parents.

This is what happens when you let your kid wipe their own butt.

IMG_5769

For the rest of the story, read here and here.  Or don’t.  Not responsible for future sleep disorders, paranoia, diapering until the age of 12, or other associated trauma.

Comments

1. 1
    Michele says:

I need a bathroom renovation. Does your kid make house calls?

2. 2
    Terram says:

You’re making Ali pull up and re-lay all that tile, right? ;)

3. 3
    Amy says:

I’ve got no words. OMG…

Does this mean that I should be happy that I’m still wiping my 6 year olds butt?

4. 4
    Annie G says:

SANDY?

5. 5
    Qoumidan says:

My kid doesn’t wipe at all. I guess poo on the underwear is an easier fix…

6. 6

Oh goodness. I had something to tell you…seriously, but it’s completely been erased by the image of your poor eviscerated bathroom.

I’ll check back in if I remember. ; )

7. 7
    Melanie Miller says:

Oh. My.

8. 8
    Karen says:

Yikes! Is she still allowed to wipe herself now?

9. 9
    Cheri says:

Rachel, that is one way to get new flooring….LOL

10. 10
    LoraLynn says:

Seriously?????

11. 11
    Heather says:

What I’m most fascinated by is the amount of “stuff” between the actual tile and the subfloor.

12. 12

I have to say, it looks like you were having issues before this one incident, because that’s a lot of damage (and it looks like more than just days old). So perhaps this was a blessing in disguise? Silver linings. ;)

• 12.1
      Rachel says:

Nope – I took that picture yesterday halfway through the floor removal process. It is now completely gone. Sigh. But I am getting a bathroom remodel out of it – I just wouldn’t have chosen the KID’S bathroom for that!!

13. 13

Geez…. what are you feeding your children?!?

14. 14
    Melissa says:

All that cute tile!!! :-( Are you going to go with hexagonal tile again or try something different? We’re getting ready to do the floors of both bathrooms and are in The Great Tile Debate.

15. 15

Oh dear! My kid is in mid-butt wiping phase. Bathroom watch out! :)

16. 16
    Rachel says:

Wow. That’s bad! I bought an extra wipe warmer and put in on top of the toliet tank so Bug gets one TP wipe and one or two baby wipes which then go in the garbage. I have heard several people’s toliet woes over the supposedly flushable wipes so I stopped buying those. Good luck w/the new bathroom!

17. 17
    Della says:

I was starting to feel antsy about potty training…starting look forward to the idea of no more daipers. I think I’ll just be grateful that my bathroom is safe for now. I hope your knew bathroom is everything you never knew you wanted it to be!